Basket presses have reasserted themselves as the secret weapon in many a winemakers arsenal. No other tool can offer the sheer extraction power that the basket press offers, making them suitable for producing the highest-quality juice from fermented red must, as well as delicate wine from destemmed white grapes.
Wineries like Screaming Eagle and Schramsberg Vineyards have produced some of the world's best wines on a Mori basket press. Mori's basket presses are used the world over by passionate winemakers who wish to produce high quality, small batch wines.
While basket presses cannot match pneumatic membrane presses for capacity, they far exceed them for quality of juice produced. Even breweries and distilleries like Anchor Steam use the Mori basket press for pressing grains to extract every last drop.
The basket can be lifted out of the way with the hydraulic ram. It is then held in place while the ram moves down, stripping any remaining cake from the basket. The entire pan is forkliftable, allowing you to easily move and empty the pan containing the pressed cake to get it ready for the next pressing.
An optional PLC comes preprogrammed with pressing "recipes", and further allows you to program or customize your own. The operator can begin the pressing program and walk away, saving you time during pressing.
- Sturdy steel frame
- Stainless steel one-piece basket with removable juice screen,
- Stainless steel pan and pressing ram/platen
- Heavy-duty double hydraulic pumps allow you to go fast when moving the ram out of the way or slow for high pressure pressing.
- Maximum load of approximately 2.3 tons
- Extended ram reaches to within 4” of pan for a very small minimum load of approximately 0.3 tons
- Automatic on/off at 50 bar differential during pressing
- Maximum Cylinder Hydraulic Pressure of 350 bar
- Programmable PLC available as an option allows you to create your own pressing "recipes"
See a forkliftable PZ series press working with white grapes: